Recreational Vehicle (RV) Accidents
Every year people travel to the State of Florida via their recreational vehicles, or RVs. Whether it’s a family vacation, a weekend getaway or an extended stay to escape the cold winters of the north, Florida roads and highways are full of RVs.
Although we tend to think of RVs as the large ‘house on wheels’ concept, the term recreational vehicle can actually refer to any one of a number of type of vehicles, including:
- Camper trailers
- All-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- Motorcycles, dirt bikes, scooters and mopeds
- Boats, jet skis and other water-based craft
- Go karts
- Dune buggies
Regardless of the type of recreational vehicle being used and the amount of fun one is having, the unfortunate truth is that many RV outings end with an accident. In fact, one study shows that every year over 65,000 RV-related injuries are reported, along with thousands of deaths. The causes of the accidents are numerous, ranging from inexperienced or unqualified drivers to reckless driving, dangerous vehicle conditions, and design and mechanical defects.
Your Legal Rights
Depending on the circumstances of the recreational vehicle accident, you may have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. However, actually getting this compensation can be a very challenging and complex legal process. This is because it is usually a challenge to determine the cause of the RV accident and, based on that, determining who is liable for the resulting injuries. For example, depending on the cause, the driver, property owner, vehicle owner, RV seller or manufacturer could all be held liable for your injuries.
To help you navigate these legal complexities and to ensure you get the compensation you deserve, it is recommended that you start by discussing your case with an experienced RV accident attorney. Your attorney will be able to fairly evaluate your case, determine the cause (or causes) and develop a strategy for holding the right entity liable.
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping Florida RV accident victims receive justice and fair compensation for their injuries. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your recreational vehicle accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
- Chain-Reaction Collision in Seminole County Injures Six Motorists
October 25, 2021
- Orange County Pedestrian Killed During Early Morning Hit-and-Run Accident
October 19, 2021
- New Port Richey Man Killed While Crossing Rowan Road in a Motorized Wheelchair
October 16, 2021
- Three-Car Crash in Marion County Kills 56-Year-Old SUV Driver
October 15, 2021
- Kissimmee Man Killed During Rear-End Collision with Tractor-Trailer on I-4
October 13, 2021
- Deltona Biker Dies After a Head-on Collision with a Pickup Truck in Volusia County
October 12, 2021
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3