Polk County Wrongful Death Attorneys
If you’ve recently lost a loved one and think another person, employer, company, organization, or healthcare facility, might be to blame, you may have found yourself scrolling through Florida statute 768.16 on the Wrongful Death Act. The Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. have been serving Polk County and Florida visitors and residents since 1977. We understand that bereavement is a confusing and heartbreaking time, and that every person and family grieves in their own unique ways. Please allow us to help. We have a commitment to compassionate client services and aggressive representation.
Many Floridians know that is it possible to sue for funeral and burial costs. In Florida, these fees often amount to more than $10,000.00, which is not a negligible amount. You might have the following questions:
- How will I keep my home?
- How will I create a stable environment for my children?
- Will I need to get a second job?
- How will I afford childcare?
- Am I going to lose my health insurance?
- What should I do about these ambulance bills?
- What if my loved one didn’t have a will?
These are only a few of the questions that we’ve been asked. The survivors of victims of Wrongful Death may also be eligible to seek compensation for the following:
- lost future earnings, health insurance, and pension plans
- lost inheritance
- lost household maintenance, childcare, and other services
- ambulance and hospital fees incurred prior to death
- funeral and burial costs
- loss of companionship
- loss of consortium
Whether you’re well versed in legal matters or terms such as “loss of consortium” are foreign to you, we’re here to help you during this difficult time. If you’re concerned that court proceedings might be traumatic, please know that many cases are settled before court. We work together with reliable medical experts, accident reconstructionists, and others pertinent professionals to ensure the future of you and your loved ones. Especially due to statutes of limitations, or legal deadlines, it is important that we file in a timely manner. How we proceed during the days, weeks, and months to come can affect your quality of life for decades.
If you aren’t sure whether or not you might qualify for the above compensation, please call us at 877-345-6587. We offer free consultations, and they are, of course, obligation free.
- Flesh-Eating Bacteria Kills Employee of Universal Orlando
September 2, 2019
- Dirt Bike Rider Killed in Orange County Crash with Ford
July 16, 2019
- Family Sues Universal Orlando Resort over Death of Family Member
December 30, 2018
- Employee of Majestic Marble and Granite Crushed to Death while Cleaning Machine
December 27, 2018
- Person Driving Electric Scooter Struck and Killed on Orange Blossom Trail
December 7, 2018
- business5I would most definitely recommend James Cunningham for a Personal Injury Attorney
We interviewed 3 different lawyers before we chose Mr. Cunningham. We are glad we did. I felt besides helping us with the needed funeral expenses for my father, he was honest, upfront, and of the highest ethics.
- Jay, a Wrongful Death client0.3