Marion County Wrongful Death Attorneys
It’s heartbreaking. Wrongful deaths happen everywhere, including Marion County.
Marion County can be a place of wonder. From u-pick orchards to ziplines, horseback riding to hunting, visitors come to Ocala, for example, to enjoy what our area has to offer. Unfortunately, areas of heavy traffic and tourism as well as outdoor recreational activities increase fatality risks on roadways and elsewhere.
Seeking Compensation After a Wrongful Death
It isn’t selfish to call an attorney and seek compensation after a wrongful death. Many individuals and families would be unable to keep their marital homes, pay for funeral costs, afford newly needed daycare, keep their health insurance, replace the family vehicle, or retire without pursuing a course of legal action. We know that the days and weeks to follow the loss of your beloved can be debilitating, but it is important to seek guidance regarding this tragic event sooner rather than later.
Families often seek compensation for wrongful death after medical malpractice, but these aren’t the only tragic situations that lead Dunnellon, Ocala, Reddick, and other Marion County visitors and residents to seek financial stability vital to their futures. Relatives and those who were partially or more fully dependent on the deceased loved one may be entitled to compensation if they suffered from the actions of:
- a drunk or negligent driver
- a construction company’s failure to abide by code
- a poorly manufactured piece of furniture or toddler’s toy
- an inattentive bus driver
- the negligence of an assisted-living caretaker
- the negligence of a daycare worker
- a dog attack
- a failed amusement park ride
- an accidental poisoning
- a medication or dosing error
- and other unfortunate circumstances
The law is nuanced, however, and it can be difficult for a layperson to navigate, especially during times of distress. There are statutes of limitations to considers. Moreover, there are technicalities regarding professional’s best practices and volunteer acts in the event of perceived emergencies with which many residents aren’t familiar.
The Marion County Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. have been serving individuals and families in need for four decades. Our commitment to compassionate client services and vigilant and aggressive legal practices have made us a trusted choice for guidance regarding wrongful death claims here in Florida. Please call us at 877-345-6587.
- Two Women Discovered Dead in Lake County House Fire
July 15, 2020
- Retired Firefighter Dies in Broward County House Fire
July 15, 2020
- Tree Falls on SUV in Jacksonville, Kills Both Occupants
July 11, 2020
- Flesh-Eating Bacteria Kills Employee of Universal Orlando
September 2, 2019
- Dirt Bike Rider Killed in Orange County Crash with Ford
July 16, 2019
- business5I would most definitely recommend James Cunningham for a Personal Injury Attorney
We interviewed 3 different lawyers before we chose Mr. Cunningham. We are glad we did. I felt besides helping us with the needed funeral expenses for my father, he was honest, upfront, and of the highest ethics.
- Jay, a Wrongful Death client0.3