Lakeland Wrongful Death Lawyers
Our Orlando law firm is a professional association that serves residents throughout Central Florida. Wrongful death litigator James O. Cunningham is a dedicated advocate of protecting his clients’ legal rights with quality representation.
If you had a family member who was the victim of a wrongful death accident, your family can be the voice for your loved one. A wrongful death lawsuit serves two purposes. The first is to make reparation to the family for its loss, and the second is to punish the negligent party on behalf of the victim by holding it responsible for making the reparation.
Polk County Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Losing a treasured family member unexpectedly is a catastrophic event. Just trying to deal with the immediate details of funeral arrangements is traumatic. Then, the family must begin the many tasks of closing out a person’s life. The thought of consulting an attorney regarding a wrongful death lawsuit during that time of grief might just seem too stressful and something that can possibly wait. Unfortunately, it is imperative that you seek an experienced Lakeland wrongful death attorney as soon as possible. Here are the reasons why:
- All civil actions have a statute of limitations, or a deadline, for filing a claim for legal action. Miss that deadline by even an hour, and you forfeit your right to file the claim.
- A potential wrongful death claim requires careful evaluation. The Florida Statutes set forth the guidelines as to who is eligible as a survivor for compensation and to what damages each survivor is entitled.
- A thorough investigation takes time. Evidence, crucial facts and witness statements are all important pieces of the investigation. If not gathered shortly after the accident, witnesses might forget details, and evidence needs to be preserved before it is lost or destroyed.
Central Florida Wrongful Death Litigator
Mr. Cunningham has trial-tested negotiation and courtroom skills, along with the resources to handle a Polk County wrongful death lawsuit. Please feel free to contact him at 863-968-7551, or at any of his offices throughout Central Florida to schedule a confidential consultation if you have questions about a potential wrongful death claim.
- Kratom Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida – What You Need To Know
September 25, 2023
- Orlando Man Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash on Sand Lake Road
August 31, 2023
- Motorcyclist Killed During Three-Vehicle Crash in Flagler County
June 30, 2023
- Lakeland Soccer Player Killed After Car Crashes Into House
June 21, 2023
- Distracted Driver Convicted in Fatal Hernando County Car Crash
June 15, 2023
- I would most definitely recommend James Cunningham for a Personal Injury Attorney
We interviewed 3 different lawyers before we chose Mr. Cunningham. We are glad we did. I felt besides helping us with the needed funeral expenses for my father, he was honest, upfront, and of the highest ethics.
- Jay, a Wrongful Death client