Lakeland Auto Accident Attorneys
If you are the victim of an auto accident and are suffering from injuries as a result, there are specific actions that you should take, and others that you should not take, in order to best protect your right to compensation.
When involved in an auto accident, don’t:
- Talk to the other party’s insurance company, and never give them a statement about what happened, either verbally or in writing.
- Sign anything, even from your own insurance company, without first consulting your auto accident attorney.
- Admit to any kind of liability on your part to anyone, including your medical provider. Instead, when describing what happened, always stick with the facts and avoid giving an opinion.
- Accept an offer or even an estimate from an insurance company – all insurance companies (even your own) will always try to give you a lower estimate or offer than what you deserve.
- Wait. All claims have time limitations, so it is best to file your claim immediately after your auto accident.
When involved in an auto accident, do:
- Seek immediate medical attention. Even if you don’t think your injuries are serious, go to a doctor for a general check up.
- Get a copy of the official accident report from the police.
- Contact your insurance company, and file a claim.
- Gather information about the accident for your own records, including photos of the accident scene and any damage to your vehicle, contact information for the other party involved and names and contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- Get the insurance details of all other involved parties.
- Start a journal to track all your appointments relating to the auto accident (doctor visits, meetings with insurance companies, etc.) along with general notes about any pain you are feeling.
Since 1977, Polk County personal injury lawyer James O. Cunningham has been helping Lakeland auto accident victims receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your auto accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 863-968-7551 for a free initial consultation.
- Orlando Motorcyclist Killed in Early Morning Hit-and-Run Collision with SUV
October 18, 2020
- Wiegand Family Moving Forward with Royal Caribbean Wrongful Death Lawsuit
October 17, 2020
- Florida DHSMV Indicates a Recent Rise in Orlando Car Accidents
October 15, 2020
- Motorcyclist Killed in Marion County Collision with Dump Truck on State Road 40
October 13, 2020
- St. Cloud Crossing Guard Seriously Injured in Near-Fatal Crosswalk Collision
October 12, 2020
- Orlando Style Magazine Selects James O. Cunningham as the Orlando Personal Injury Attorney of the Year
October 9, 2020
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3