Lady Lake Wrongful Death Lawyers
With a population of just over 13,000, Lady Lake is a small suburb to the Orlando Kissimmee metro area. As a popular commuter town, the community can see heavy traffic, meaning an increased risk of being in a motor vehicle accident or a fatal car accident.
Although no amount of money can ever come close to compensating for the loss of a family member, being financially secure in your future and having the comfort that the person or persons responsible for the death are being brought to justice can provide an important sense of closure. The way to reach this closure is to file a wrongful death law suit against the person who caused the accident and the resulting death.
It should be noted, however, that the laws involved in a wrongful death action are complicated. For this reason, during the grieving period it might be easy to not see filing a legal claim as being an urgent matter. However, as with many states, Florida has set a strict statute of limitations for bringing a wrongful death claim.
The Statue of Limitations and how it can Prevent You from Collecting the Damages You Deserve
According to the law, if you fail to file a legal action within four years of the time of the accident you may risk losing your legal right to financial compensation for such damages as:
- Loss of inheritance
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish
- General punitive damages
- Medical and funeral expenses
- Loss of benefits like a retirement pension or medical insurance
- Loss of anticipated future earnings up to the time the decedent would have likely retired or died
- Loss of care, protection and companionship
The Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A.
To ensure you get the compensation you deserve, it is highly advised that you seek the advice of an experienced Florida wrongful death attorney. With over three decades of experience, the lawyers at the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. will be able to review the facts of your case, assess the amount of damages you should be entitled to and answer any of your questions. You’re legally entitled to monetary damages. To get what you are entitled to, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A. today and schedule your free initial consultation.
- Hit-and-Run in Brevard County Kills Cocoa Bicyclist
June 30, 2022
- Motorcyclist Killed During a Rear-End Collision in Largo
June 29, 2022
- Pedestrian Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash in Temple Terrace
June 28, 2022
- Morriston Bicyclist Killed During Hit-and-Run Crash on County Road 337
June 27, 2022
- Head-On Crash in Marion County Kills 75-Year-Old Woman
June 23, 2022
- Driver Dies After High-Speed Chase Near the Tampa International Airport
June 20, 2022
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3