Do seek medical attention before doing anything else.
Do summon the police, in appropriate cases.
Do cooperate with all law enforcement and emergency personnel who respond to the scene.
Do get the license plate numbers of all other vehicles involved in car accidents and the drivers' names, addresses, telephone numbers, and insurance information.
Do get the name and address of the animal's owner and any license information if you were injured by an animal bite or attack.
Do write down the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all potential witnesses to an accident.
Do contact your health, homeowner's, and/or automobile insurance companies, as appropriate.
Do take photographs of all of the following, as applicable, as soon as possible after the accident:
- The scene of the accident, from all angles.
- The surrounding area.
- The product or animal that caused your injuries.
- Your injuries.
- Any property damage.
Do contact your attorney.
Don't move your vehicle after an automobile accident unless necessary for safety or required by law.
Don't subject yourself to further injury by standing or waiting in an area of traffic or other safety hazards.
Don't leave the scene of an accident until the police tell you it is okay to do so.
Don't throw away any potential evidence in the case, such as defective products, or torn or blood-stained clothing.
Don't remain in a burning building while calling for help. Leave the area of danger first, and then immediately call from a safe place.
Don't engage in discussions as to fault with anyone, and make sure you don't apologize for anythingit can be considered evidence that you were legally at fault.
Don't agree to settlement terms without contacting your attorney.
DISCLAIMER: This site and any information contained herein are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Seek competent legal counsel for advice on any legal matter.
- Four Children Injured in Brevard County School Bus Accident
May 23, 2019
- One Dead in Osceola County Hit-and-Run
May 21, 2019
- Head-On Lake County Crash Kills One, Critically Injuries Another
May 20, 2019
- $2 Billion Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Case
May 20, 2019
- Cyclist Killed After Being Struck by Pickup in Seminole County
May 19, 2019
- Over Two Billion Dollars Awarded to Couple in Monsanto Cancer Lawsuit
May 19, 2019
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3