Train and Railroad Accidents
Many people depend on trains as a mode of transportation – either while commuting to work or while traveling on a family vacation. Even if you don’t use trains as a mode of transportation, trains do effect the way you travel – just think of how many times you’ve had to stop for a train to pass by while driving down a highway. Just as with any other form of transportation, with trains accidents do happen. When train accidents do happen, the damage and injuries tend to be devastating.
Train accidents are usually caused by human error, known as negligence, or defective machinery. For example, negligence on the part of the train conductor, maintenance crew or employees can all lead to serious train accidents. Furthermore, defects in the railroad tracks, the train itself, or the signals along highways can also directly lead to devastating train accidents.
In fact, the Federal Railroad Administration Office of Safety Analysis lists specific causes of train accidents:
- Human error
- Equipment malfunctions and/or defects, such as:
- Defective or broken hand brakes
- Obstructed brake pipe
- Broken, missing or defective springs
- Defective couplers
- Bent axle
- Loose or defective wheels
- Defects to the doors
- Mechanical failures
- Electrical failures
- Defects to the railroad track
- Signal defects
Your Legal Rights
If you or a loved one have been injured in a train accident that may have been caused by any one of the above listed factors, then you have the legal right to seek compensation for your losses, including:
- Emergency room costs
- Past, current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Disability coverage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Long-term care
To ensure you get the compensation you deserve, it is advised that you seek the advice of an experienced Florida train accident attorney. Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping train accident victims receive justice and fair compensation for their injuries. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your railroad accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 877-FL-INJURY (877-354-6587) for a free initial consultation.
- Wrong Way Accident in Orlando Leaves One Dead
April 17, 2018
- Multiple People Injured in Orlando Car Accident
April 16, 2018
- Orange County Collision Sends Two Motorcyclists to Hospital
April 13, 2018
- Teen Injured in Florida Motorcycle Accident Remains Hospitalized
April 12, 2018
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed by Car On Colonial Drive
April 11, 2018
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3