The Villages Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
What You Need to Know About Premises Liability
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere and anytime. When they happen on another person or business’ property and an injury occurs because of that person or business’ failure to remedy a dangerous condition, then you have a combination to bring a claim against that person or business for compensation.
What is negligence? According to the law, as applied to slip and fall accidents, an owner of private property has a duty to maintain their premises in a safe condition for all expected visitors. More so, if the property owner knows of an unsafe or dangerous condition, then they have a duty to warn all expected visitors. When a slip and fall occurs on the property, the injured person must show that the property owner failed in performing one of these duties. To do this, one must prove negligence by showing:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care. Remember, the property owners duty of care only applies to expected visitors. This means you have to show that you had permission to be on the property. As a rule of thumb, trespassers are not afforded a duty of care and thus cannot hold the property owner liable for his or her injuries.
- The property owner failed in performing this duty of care
- Because of this failure a slip and fall occurred (ie, the dangerous condition was the cause of your accident)
- The slip and fall caused you damages, such as injury, pain and suffering, etc.
Since proving negligence in a slip and fall accident is complex, it is important to always start with a call to your slip and fall accident attorney. Working with an experienced Marion County slip and fall accident attorney means you can rely on the sound advice of someone who has a clear understanding of how best to prove each of the required elements of proving negligence.
Since 1977, James Cunningham has been helping slip and fall accident victims in The Villages receive justice and fair compensation. To ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your slip and fall accident injuries, contact the Law Offices of James O. Cunningham, P.A., at 352-419-0825 for a free initial consultation.
- Wrong Way Accident in Orlando Leaves One Dead
April 17, 2018
- Multiple People Injured in Orlando Car Accident
April 16, 2018
- Orange County Collision Sends Two Motorcyclists to Hospital
April 13, 2018
- Teen Injured in Florida Motorcycle Accident Remains Hospitalized
April 12, 2018
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed by Car On Colonial Drive
April 11, 2018
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3