Tampa Trucking Accident Lawyer
The Difference Between a Truck Accident and a Car Accident
Although from a practical standpoint, a car and truck accident may appear to be relatively similar, from a legal point of view there are several important differences. One the one hand, because of the sheer size of a truck, injuries and damages sustained during a truck accident tend to be more severe. For example, when a truck is involved, the damage to the other vehicles tends to be much more extreme. Further, the physical injuries one sustains to the neck, back or even brain are often critical. Thus, a victim of a truck accident will likely be overwhelmed with significant medical bills.
All too often, the truck company’s insurance provider will pressure you to accept an offer that is far below what your actual medical costs and expenses are. This is why you need to seek the advice of a personal injury attorney experienced in Tampa truck accidents. A truck accident attorney such as James O. Cunningham knows how these insurance companies operate. Your attorney will explain that all commercial delivery vehicles are legally required to carry insurance and oftentimes have policy limits that are much higher than the typical automobile insurance policy’s are. Knowing this, your attorney will push back against the insurance company to ensure they offer the compensation you deserve.
Protecting Your Rights
If you or someone you love has been involved in truck accident, it is important that you take specific steps:
- Immediately check yourself, other passengers and, if able, other victims for any injuries
- Always call 911
- Get the name, contact number and insurance information of the truck driver and of the truck company
- Take notes and photos of the truck accident scene
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- If the truck company’s insurance carrier contacts you, never provide a recorded statement as these may be taken out of context and used against you
- Seek medical attention, even if you do not believe your injuries are serious
- Contact your truck accident attorney
Carefully following these steps will ensure that you do not jeopardize your claim. As with any accident, time and attention to detail are always important.
Your Tampa Truck Accident Attorney
- Wrong Way Accident in Orlando Leaves One Dead
April 17, 2018
- Multiple People Injured in Orlando Car Accident
April 16, 2018
- Orange County Collision Sends Two Motorcyclists to Hospital
April 13, 2018
- Teen Injured in Florida Motorcycle Accident Remains Hospitalized
April 12, 2018
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed by Car On Colonial Drive
April 11, 2018
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3