Electrocution - Construction Site Wrongful Death, Orange County, Florida - Walker v. Jim Walter Homes.
In a complex liability claim, an Orange County jury returned a verdict for nearly $1,000,000.00 for the family of a plumber who was electrocuted on a Jim Walter Homes job site.
Jim Walter Homes' contractor had been to the job site on the day of the incident, and had failed to determine whether ground fault circuit protection was provided on the temporary electrical power being furnished by the owner of the home to the house under construction. Medical testimony established that failure to have GFI protection on the temporary electrical power that was provided to the job site resulted in Mr. Walker's death. Further, an expert testified that Jim Walter Homes' failure to provide GFI protection on the temporary electrical power was a violation of Building & Construction Safety Codes.
The case was ultimately settled on appeal for a confidential amount.
View More: Personal Injury Success Stories
- Wrong Way Accident in Orlando Leaves One Dead
April 17, 2018
- Multiple People Injured in Orlando Car Accident
April 16, 2018
- Orange County Collision Sends Two Motorcyclists to Hospital
April 13, 2018
- Teen Injured in Florida Motorcycle Accident Remains Hospitalized
April 12, 2018
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed by Car On Colonial Drive
April 11, 2018
- business5Mr. Cunningham is an excellent and knowledgeable attorney.
I would and have recommended Mr. Cunningham as an attorney. I am extremely happy with the service he has provided for me and my family. I will definately use Mr. Cunningham in the future if I ever need an attorney again.
- John, a Personal Injury client0.3